1 min read
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
Who said children's snacks can't be fun and healthy?
Get creative with vegan gingerbread cookies this Christmas season and see how much fun baking at home (nutritionally) can be.
- Dairy Free, Vegan
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 20 cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the flaxseed meal and warm water together until combined to a thick paste and set aside
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the flour, Kids Good Stuff, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, baking soda and salt
- Stir the flax mixture again, and add almond butter, molasses, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Whisk until smooth
- Add the dry mixture and stir to combine. Knead the dough once it is thick, forming a thick disc, wrap in cling wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line large baking tray with baking paper
- Remove dough from fridge, place between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll the dough until it is ½ cm thick
- Use the gingerbread man cookie cutter and place shapes carefully on baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes or until starting to brown, remove then let sit for 10 minutes
- Transfer to a wire cooking rack
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.